Back to the Scottish Parliament Written Questions for Petition 1236
Archive Home

Business Bulletin 1999-2011

Minutes of Proceedings 1999-2011

Journal of Parliamentary Proceedings Sessions 1 & 2

Committees Sessions 1, 2 & 3

Annual reports

PUBLIC PETITIONS COMMITTEE CONSIDERATION OF PE1236
QUESTIONS ARISING FROM COMMITTEE MEETINGS

(See ‘Written submissions’ for responses)

TUESDAY 25 JANUARY 2011

Transport Scotland

  • The Committee would welcome further information on issues raised during the discussion of the petition, for example the cost refinement exercise mentioned by the Minister and the timetable for going forward.

TUESDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2010

Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Climate Change 

  • The Committee invite you to give oral evidence to them at their meeting on 25 January 2011.

  • The Committee would also draw your attention to its discussion on the petition at its meeting on 23 November 2010 and the points raised by Mike Rumbles on the clarification of statistics during that discussion.  It would also like to draw your attention to the petitioners submission of 9 November (PE1236/R) and the appendix contained within. 

TUESDAY 5 OCTOBER 2010

Transport Scotland—

  • While you have explained why you cannot provide accurate costs for the grade separated junction at Laurencekirk the Committee will you please provide an estimated cost for carrying out the work?

  • With reference to the points made by Mike Rumbles MSP will you please provide accident figures for the 2 grade separated junctions on the A9 that have been approved so that a comparison can be made?

  • Please provide information on what studies were carried out on the impact of increased vehicle capacity on the local roads from the projects mentioned in the petitioner’s letter of 4 October 2010 (PE1236/P)

TUESDAY 18 MAY 2010

Transport Scotland—

  • Can you provide the Committee with an accurate cost to provide a flyover at Laurencekirk?

  • Can you provide the Committee with the accident figures for two other sites where grade separation has been approved so that these figures can be compared with those at Laurencekirk.

  • The Committee has also been made aware of proposed developments in the Montrose area, can I refer you to the points made by the Committee and in particular Nigel Don and Nanette Milne in respect of the impact these developments may have on the volume of traffic and the adequacy of the junction.

TUESDAY 2 MARCH 2010

Transport Scotland—

  • Can you copy the Committee into the invitation that is to be sent to the Petitioner to meet with Transport Officials and the date of the meeting when that has been finalised.  The Committee would also like to be provided with a copy of the action points that arise from this meeting.
  • Can you provide clarification on the statistics that have previously been provided to the Committee on this petition (can I refer you to the discussion between the Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Climate Change and members of the Committee on this matter).