Bill Butler had no interests to declare.
1. Items in private: The Committee agreed
to take items 5, 6 and 7 in private.
2. Time limit on debate: The Committee agreed
not to debate the emergency affirmative SSI.
3. Subordinate Legislation:
The Deputy Minister for Health and Community Care moved the
motion: that the The Food Protection (Emergency Prohibitions)
(Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning) (West Coast) (No. 14) (Scotland)
Order 2001 (SSI 2001/451) be approved.
The Committee agreed the motion.
4. Community Care and Health (Scotland) Bill (Stage
2): The Committee considered the Bill at Stage 2 (Day
The following amendments were agreed to (without division):
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Amendment 20 was disagreed to by division (For 3, Against 5,
Amendment 19 was moved and, with the agreement of the Committee,
Sections 10, 11 and 13 were agreed to without amendment.
Sections 8, 9 and 12 were agreed to as amended.
The Committee adjourned from 10.47 am to 10.55
5. External Research (in private): The Committee
agreed the specification for commissioning external research.
6. Report on Hepatitis C (in private): The
Committee agreed to continue this item.
7. Scottish Public Sector Ombudsman Bill (Stage 1)
(in private): The Committee finalised its Stage 1 Report.
The meeting closed at 11.25