1. Items in private: The Committee agreed to take items
5 and 6 in private.
2. Community Care and Health (Scotland) Bill (Stage 2):
The Convener moved the motion: That the Health and Community
Care Committee consider the Community Care and Health (Scotland)
Bill at Stage 2 in the following order: sections 8 and 9, sections
10 to 14, sections 15 to 18, sections 1 to 7, sections 19 to
22, the schedule, sections 23 and 24.
The Committee agreed the motion.
3. Scottish Public Sector Ombudsman Bill (Stage 1): The
Committee took evidence fromó
Mr Michael Buckley, Scottish Parliamentary
and Health Service Ombudsman
Danny Crawford, Acting Director, Scottish Association
of Health Councils
The Committee adjourned from 10.40 am to 10.48
Dr James Dyer, Director and Professor Juliet
Cheetham, Social Work Commissioner, Mental Welfare Commission
4. Petitions PE406, PE370 and PE283: The Committee
agreed to note these petitions and await the outcome of the
Scottish Executive consultation on the findings of the Independent
Review Group on Retention of Organs at Post-Mortem.
5. Appointment of Adviser (in private): The Committee
agreed not to appoint an adviser at the present time. The Committee
agreed to consider the draft report on organ donation for transplantation
again before making a submission to the Executive.
6. Tobacco Advertising and Promotion (Scotland) Bill: The
Committee considered its approach to Stage 1 of the Bill
and agreed a list of witnesses.
The meeting closed at 12.01