1. PFI/PPP Inquiry (in private): The Committee
considered its lines of questioning for agenda item 3.
2. Items in Private: The Committee agreed
to take agenda items 4 and 5 in private.
3. PFI/PPP Inquiry: The Committee took evidence
Professor Phillip Beaumont, Professor of Employment Relations,
University of Glasgow;
Martin Gaughan, Regional Officer, Transport and General Workers
Alex McLuckie, Senior Organiser, GMB Scotland;
Dave Watson, Scottish Organiser, Unison Scotland.
The meeting was adjourned from 12.07 pm to 12.15 pm.
4. External Research (in private): The Committee
received an interim report from its researcher and agreed the
structure of the next phase of the research. The Committee also
agreed that Tom McCabe and Alasdair Morgan be appointed as the
researchers Committee contacts with the Convener overseeing
5. Witness Expenses (in private): The
Committee agreed the claims for witness expenses.
The meeting closed at 12.52