1. Committee Business: The Committee agreed to take
agenda items 2, 5 and 6 in private.
2. 2002/03 Budget Process (in private): The Committee
considered its lines of questioning for agenda item 3.
3. 2002/03 Budget Process: The Committee took evidence
on the draft Executive Budget from
Ian Walford, Director of Corporate Development,
Craig Russell, Deputy Head of 21st
Century Government Unit, Scottish Executive
Dr Ingrid Clayden, Director of Personnel and
Pay, Scottish Executive
Paul Gray, Director, IT, Scottish Executive
Graham Owenson, Head of Division, Finance Administration,
David Palmer, Finance Co-ordination, Scottish
4. External Research: The Committee received a presentation
from Norman Flynn on the external research into Outcome Budgeting
commissioned by the Committee.
5. Adviser on the Budget Process (in private): The Committee
agreed a draft specification subject to specified changes.
6. Inquiry into the Application of Consultative Steering
Group (CSG) Principles in the Scottish Parliament (in private):
The Committee agreed a draft submission to the Procedures
Committee subject to specified changes.
The meeting closed at 12.31