15th Meeting, 2001 (Session 1)
Tuesday 12 June 2001
The meeting opened at 10.03 am.
1. Committee Business: The Committee agreed to take agenda item 5 in private.
2. Protection from Abuse (Scotland) Bill: The Committee took evidence from Alisdair Morgan MSP, Convener of Justice 1 Committee and agreed to report to the Parliament on the Billís financial memorandum.
3. Police and Fire Services (Finance) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee agreed to receive an update at the first meeting after summer recess.
The Deputy Convener took the chair
4. Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Bill: The Committee considered the provisions of the Bill which introduce new or increase existing expenditure charged on or payable out of the Scottish consolidated fund (under previous Standing Orders Rule 9.12.5) and agreed that the potential financial implications of this legislation are sufficient to require the Parliament by resolution to agree to that expenditure.
The Convener returned to the chair.
5. 2002/03 Budget Process (in private): The Committee considered an issues paper and agreed to consider a draft report at the next meeting.
The meeting closed at 11.52 am.