Back to the Scottish Parliament Business Bulletin No. 91/2006: Tuesday 6 June 2006
Archive Home

Business Bulletin 1999-2011

Minutes of Proceedings 1999-2011

Journal of Parliamentary Proceedings Sessions 1 & 2

Committees Sessions 1, 2 & 3

Annual reports

Contents An A B C D E F G H I J

Section C – Future Committee Meetings

This section includes the agendas of the forthcoming committee meetings and outlines proposed future business, which may be subject to change. Committees have the right to take items in private and this will be notified as far in advance as possible.

Many committees include details of their future business on their webpages, which can be accessed at:

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/business/committees/index.htm

Justice 1 Committee
7 June 2006
22nd Meeting, 2006

The Committee will meet at 9.15 am in Committee Room 1

1. Items in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. Scottish Criminal Record Office inquiry: The Committee will receive presentations from—

Arie Zeelenberg, Senior Advisor Fingerprints, Dutch National Police Force;

and then from—

Peter Swann, Fingerprint Consultant.

The Committee will then take evidence in round table format from—

Arie Zeelenberg, Senior Advisor Fingerprints, Dutch National Police Force;

Pat Wertheim, Independent Fingerprint Expert;

Allan Bayle, Independent Fingerprint Expert;

John McGregor, Principal Fingerprint Officer, Scottish Fingerprint Service Aberdeen Bureau;

Jim Aitken, Principal Fingerprint Officer, Scottish Fingerprint Service Edinburgh Bureau; and

Ken Clacher, Fingerprint Officer, Scottish Fingerprint Service Dundee Bureau.

and then from—

Peter Swann, Fingerprint Consultant;

Malcolm Graham, Independent Fingerprint Expert;

John Berry, Retired Fingerprint Technician; and

Robert Mackenzie, Deputy Head of Bureau, Alan Dunbar, Quality Assurance Officer, Terry Foley, Senior Fingerprint Officer, and Alister Geddis, Fingerprint Officer, Scottish Criminal Record Office.

3. Family Support Services inquiry: The Committee will consider whether to give its approval to the reporter to make a bid to the Conveners’ Group for a programme of fact-finding visits in relation to the inquiry.

4. Scottish Criminal Record Office inquiry: The Committee will consider its approach to the remainder of its inquiry.

5. Scottish Criminal Record Office inquiry (in private): The Committee will consider the main themes arising from the evidence sessions to date on the inquiry, in order to inform the drafting of its report.

Proposed future business

At its next meeting on 14 June, it is expected that the Committee will consider a draft Stage 1 report on the Criminal Proceedings etc. (Reform) (Scotland) Bill.

The Committee expects to continue to take evidence on its inquiry into the Scottish Criminal Record Office at subsequent meetings. For further details, contact the Clerk to the Committee, whose details are provided at the end of the Bulletin.

Communities Committee
7 June 2006
19th Meeting, 2006

The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in Committee Room 4

1. National Scenic Areas: The Committee will take evidence on National Scenic Areas from—

Sally Thomas, Scottish Executive, Steve Lindsay, Office of the Solicitor to the Scottish Executive, John Thomson, Scottish Natural Heritage, Simon Brooks, Scottish Natural Heritage and Nicholas Shepherd, Forestry Commission Scotland;

and then from—

Malcolm Macleod, Highland Council, Sue Bennett, Dumfries and Galloway Council, Don McKee, Cairngorms National Park and Gordon Watson, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park;

and then from—

Helen McDade, Scottish Environment LINK, John Mayhew, Scottish Environment LINK and John Nevett, Former Chairman, Landscape Institute Scotland;

and then from—

Jonathan Hall, Scottish Rural Property and Business Association, Dr Keith Maclean, Scottish and Southern Energy and Maf Smith, Scottish Renewables Forum.

Proposed future business

At its next meeting on 14 June, it is expected that the Committee will consider the Planning etc. (Scotland) Bill at Stage 2 and four statutory instruments on Crown immunity from planning controls.

For further details, contact the Clerk to the Committee, whose details are provided at the end of the Bulletin.

Education Committee
7 June 2006
15th Meeting, 2006

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 6

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 and all subsequent considerations of its draft report in private.

2. Public Petition PE892: The Committee will consider its approach to the petition.

3. Adoption and Children (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 from—

Salah Beltagui, Muslim Association of Britain;

Fr Daniel Fitzpatrick, Bishops’ Conference of Scotland;

Pramilla Kaur, Scottish Interfaith Council;

Gordon Macdonald, CARE for Scotland; and

Morag Mylne, Church of Scotland.

and not before 11.30 am from—

Peter Peacock MSP, Minister for Education and Young People;

Robert Brown MSP, Deputy Minister for Education and Young People;

Rachel Edgar, Head of Looked After Children and Youthwork Division; and

Peter Willman, Bill Team Leader.

4. Adoption and Children (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider issues to raise in its Stage 1 report.

5. Early years inquiry (in private): The Committee will consider a revised draft report.

Proposed future business

At its next meeting on 21 June, the Committee will consider its draft report on the general principles of the Adoption and Children (Scotland) Bill. For further details, contact the Clerk to the Committee, whose details are provided at the end of the Bulletin.

Environment and Rural Development Committee
7 June 2006
20th Meeting, 2006

The Committee will meet at 11.00 am in Committee Room 2

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 5 in private.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instrument—

the Seed Potatoes (Fees) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2006, (SSI 2006/264).

3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following draft code of practice subject to annulment—

the Pesticides, Code of Practice for Using Plant Protection Products in Scotland, (SE/2006/83).

4. Work programme: The Committee will consider its future work programme.

5. Food Supply Chain inquiry: The Committee will consider a draft report.

6. Crofting Reform etc. Bill (in private): The Committee will consider a draft Stage 1 report.

Proposed future business

At its next meeting on 14 June, it is expected that the Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 on the Scottish Executive’s proposed ‘proper occupier’ amendment to the Crofting Reform etc. Bill. The Committee will take evidence from witnesses in a ‘round table’ format, and then from the Deputy Minister for Environment and Rural Development.

At its subsequent meeting on 21 June, it is expected that the Committee will take evidence from the Minister for Environment and Rural Development on EU issues, and will continue its consideration (in private) of its draft Stage 1 report on the Crofting Reform etc. Bill.

For further details, contact the Clerk to the Committee, whose details are provided at the end of the Bulletin.

Contents An A B C D E F G H I J