BB Home

Contents
A : Daily Business List
B : Business Programme
C : Agendas of Committee Meetings
D : Oral Questions selected for answer
E : Written Questions lodged
F : Motions and Amendments
G : Bills
H : New Documents
K : Progress of Parliamentary Business

Business Bulletin No. 180/2004

Tuesday 7 December 2004

Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings

  

Communities Committee

8 December 2004

30th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in Committee Room 6

1. Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 from—

Richard Arnott, Quentin Fisher, Laura Bailie and Siân Ledger, Bill team, Scottish Executive; and

Catriona Hardman, Office of the Solicitor to the Scottish Executive (OSSE), Scottish Executive.

Education Committee

8 December 2004

26th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 9.45 am in Committee Room 5

1. Gaelic Language (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 from—

Meirion Prys Jones, Chief Executive, Welsh Language Board; and

Meri Huws, Chairman, Welsh Language Board.

2. School transport: The Committee will discuss a paper from the clerk.

Environment and Rural Development Committee

8 December 2004

29th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 2

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 6 in private.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments—

the Plant Health (Phytophthora ramorum) (Scotland) Order 2004, (SSI 2004/488); and

the Sea Fish (Marketing Standards) (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/498).

3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following draft guidance—

The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) and Sustainable Development, Statutory Guidance to SEPA made under Section 31 of the Environment Act 1995, (SE/2004/257).

4. Water Services etc. (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider the Bill at Stage 2 (Day 1).

5. December 2004 Agriculture and Fisheries Council of the EU: The Committee will take evidence from Ross Finnie MSP, Minister for Environment and Rural Development on fisheries issues to be considered at the December 2004 meeting of the Agriculture and Fisheries Council of the EU.

6. Inquiry into climate change: The Committee will consider a draft remit and suggested programme of evidence in connection with this inquiry.

Public Petitions Committee

8 December 2004

19th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 1

1. New Petitions: The Committee will consider the following new petitions—

PE789 Regulation to ensure methadone prescriptions are taken by the patient while supervised by a medical practitioner. Eric Brown will make a brief statement in support of his petition accompanied by Billy Clelland.

PE790 Public Inquiry on organ retention, introduction of regulations and consideration of compensation. Lydia Reid will make a brief statement in support of her petition accompanied by Chris Paterson and Ann-Marie MacDonald.

PE791 Criteria and funding mechanisms for national specialist services provided to NHS Scotland by individual health boards. Brian McAlorum will make a brief statement in support of his petition accompanied by Dr David Reilly.

PE792 Ensuring access to gastro-enterological investigation and treatment for autistic children.

PE793 Establishing a scientific think-tank on the treatment of autism.

PE794 Conducting an independent public enquiry into the increase in autism.

2. Current Petitions: The Committee will further consider the following current petitions—

PE497 Nuisance hedges. The Committee will review the progress of legislative proposals.

PE602 Recovering abandoned private sector properties. The Committee will consider a response from the Minister for Communities.

PE655 Impact of Yorkhill Hospital’s status as the Centre of Excellence in Cardiac for Scotland. The Committee will consider responses from Yorkhill NHS Trust, NHS Lothian and the petitioners.

PE691 Implementation of the Forestry Commission’s guidance. The Committee will consider a response from the Forestry Commission.

PE709 Inquiry into the health aspects and other devolved issues relating to Gulf War Syndrome. The Committee will consider a response from the Under Secretary of State for Defence and Minister for Veterans.

PE732 Reviewing current guidelines on new housing developments to ensure that a larger proportion is allocated to affordable housing. The Committee will consider responses from the Scottish Executive, East Lothian Council and the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations.

PE743 Providing support and community care opportunities for adults with learning difficulties still living at home and cared for by elderly parents. The Committee will consider responses from the Deputy Minister for Health and Community Care, ENABLE, Scottish Association for Mental Health and the Scottish Consortium for Learning Disability.

PE758 Requirement on local authorities to employ Home Safety Officers. The Committee will consider responses from the Scottish Executive and CoSLA.

Justice 1 Committee

8 December 2004

38th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in Committee Room 4

1. Protection of Children and Prevention of Sexual Offences (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence at Stage 1 from—

Hugh Dignon, Bill team leader, and Kirsten Davidson, Bill team member, Scottish Executive Justice Department, and Paul Johnston, Senior Principal Legal Officer, Office of the Solicitor to the Scottish Executive, and Lindsey Anderson, Principal Procurator Fiscal Depute, Policy Group, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.

The Edinburgh Tram (Line Two) Bill Committee

8 December 2004

11th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 11.00 am in Committee Room 3

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 3 in private.

2. Oral evidence on the general principles of the Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the updated preliminary financial case from—

Panel 1

Nicol Stephen MSP, Minister for Transport;

Damian Sharp, Head of Public Transport Major Infrastructure Team, Transport Division 3, Scottish Executive;

Panel 2

Graeme Bissett, Finance Director, tie;

John Watt, Partner, Grant Thornton UK LLP;

Mark Bourke, Risk Manager, tie; and

Simon Temple, Director, Faber Maunsell.

3. Consideration of approach to evidence taking: The Committee will consider a paper from the Clerk.

 

Top