BB Home

Contents
A : Daily Business List
B : Business Programme
C : Agendas of Committee Meetings
D : Oral Questions selected for answer
E : Written questions lodged
F : Motions and Amendments
G : Bills: Notices and Amendments
H : New Documents
J : Parliamentary Bureau: Note of Decisions
K : Progress of Parliamentary Business

Business Bulletin No. 48 / 2004

Tuesday 16th march 2004

Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings

  

Education Committee

17 March 2004

9th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 9.45 am in Committee Room 1

1. Child Protection Inquiry: The Committee will take evidence from-

Panel 1 Scottish Executive Children and Families Division

Sarah Smith, Head of Division;

Catherine Rainey, Manager for Child Protection Reform Programme;

Stella Perrot, Principal Professional Advisor;

Panel 2 Scottish Executive

Gill Ottley, Deputy Chief Social Work Inspector, Social Work Services Inspectorate;

Chris McIlroy, Acting HM Chief Inspector, HMIE;

Dr Linda De Caestecker, Head of Women and Children's Unit, Health Department; and

Panel 3 Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland

Deputy Chief Constable Robert Ovens, Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary;

Chief Inspector Kate Thomson, Dumfries and Galloway Constabulary.

Communities Committee

17 March 2004

12th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in the Hub, Castlehill, Edinburgh

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. Subordinate legislation: Mary Mulligan MSP (Deputy Minister for Communities) to move the following motion-

S2M-901 Margaret Curran MSP: The draft Housing Support Grant (Scotland) Order 2004-that the Communities Committee recommends that the draft Housing Support Grant (Scotland) Order 2004 be approved.

3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instrument-

the Housing Revenue Account General Fund Contribution Limits (Scotland) Order 2004, (SSI 2004/60).

4. Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider a paper by the clerks on the discussion of its Stage 1 report in sections of the media prior to its publication.

Environment and Rural Development Committee

17 March 2004

8th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 2

1. Inquiry into the implementation of CAP Reform: The Committee will take evidence from-

Panel 1

John Kinnaird, President, NFU Scotland;

Becky Shaw, Crofting Environment Officer, Scottish Crofting Foundation;

Stewart Jamieson, Board Member, Scottish Organic Producers Association; and

Panel 2

Peter Cook, Retained Consultant, Scottish Agricultural College;

Dr Janet Dwyer, Reader in Rural Studies, University of Gloucestershire.

2. Renewable Energy in Scotland: The Committee will consider a paper from the Convener regarding the Enterprise and Culture Committee's inquiry into renewable energy in Scotland.

3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instruments-

the Sea Fish (Prohibited Methods of Fishing) (Firth of Clyde) Order 2004, (SSI 2004/55);

the Domestic Water and Sewerage Charges (Reduction) (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/68);

the Less Favoured Area Support Scheme (Scotland) Regulations 2004, (SSI 2004/70); and

the Sea Fishing (Restriction on Days at Sea) (Scotland) Amendment Order 2004, (SSI 2004/81).

Justice 1 Committee

17 March 2004

11th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 3

1. Criminal Procedure (Amendment) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider the Bill at Stage 2 (Day 2).

Public Petitions Committee

17 March 2004

5th Meeting, 2004

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in the Chamber, Assembly Hall, The Mound, Edinburgh

1. New Petitions: The Committee will consider the following new petitions-

PE709: Inquiry into health aspects of Gulf War Syndrome. Alexander Izett will make a brief statement in support of this petition, accompanied by Professor Malcolm Hooper and Shaun Rusling.

PE717: Funding for organisations such as Independent Special Education Advice (Scotland). Steven Law will make a brief statement in support of this petition, accompanied by Lorraine Dilworth and Cathy Flynn.

PE714: Field Impairment Tests. Hugh Humphries will make a brief statement in support of this petition.

PE715: Funding for Scottish Opera.

PE708: Responses to the Scottish Parliament's requests for information.

PE711: Skye bridge tolls.

2. Current Petitions: The Committee will further consider the following current petitions-

PE581 Proposed cull of hedgehogs.

PE609 Specialised treatment of eating disorders.

PE647 Promotion to the Scottish Premier League.

PE669 Promotion of anti-Semitism and gender equality in Scottish schools.

PE673 Consultative referendum on the European Union Constitutional Treaty.

PE674 Funding of services for motor neurone disease.

PE677 Promoting and Resourcing Safer Shopping Partnerships.

PE680 Disbanding the Scottish Environment Protection Agency Main Board.

 

 

Top