The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in The Chamber, Assembly Hall,
The Mound, Edinburgh
1. Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland)
Bill: The Committee will take evidence on the general principles
of the Bill at Stage 1 from the Scottish Executive-
Mike Gibson (Head of Additional Support Needs Division)
Wendy Wilkinson (Bill team leader)
Donna Bell (Finance and Central Services)
Naseef Huda (Research, Economic and Corporate Strategy Unit)
Jillian Boyle (Performance Management and Finance, Health Department).
2. School discipline: The Committee will take
evidence from the Scottish Executive-
Jo Young (Head of Pupil Support and Inclusion Division)
Ruth Campbell (Branch head, Pupil Support and Inclusion Division).
3. Scottish Youth Parliament: The Committee
will consider a letter from the Education and Lifelong Learning
Committee of the Scottish Youth Parliament.
The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 3
1. Items in private: The Committee will consider
whether to take items 3 and 4 in private.
2. Mainstreaming equality: The Committee will
consider recommendations from the Equal Opportunities Committee.
3. Antisocial Behaviour etc. (Scotland) Bill: The
Committee will consider its approach at Stage 1.
4. Budget process 2004-05: The Committee will
consider its report at Stage 2.
Richard Lockett, Perthshire Adviser, Farm Wildlife Advisory Group
Becky Shaw, Crofting Environment Officer, Scottish Crofting Foundation
Alasdair Laing, Vice Convener, Scottish Landowners' Federation
Andrew Hamilton, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Tony Andrews, Chief Executive, Scottish Countryside Alliance.
2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will
consider the following negative instrument-
the Protection of Animals (Anaesthetics) (Scotland) Amendment
Order 2003, (SSI 2003/476).
3. National Waste Plan inquiry (in private): The
Committee will consider a draft report.