BB Home

Contents
A : Daily Business List
B : Business Programme
C : Agendas of Committee Meetings
D : Oral Questions selected
E : Written questions lodged
F : Motions and Amendments
G : Bills: Notices and Amendments
H : New Documents
I : Petitions lodged
J : Parliamentary Bureau: Note of Decisions
K : Progress of Parliamentary Business

Business Bulletin No. 129 / 2003

Tuesday 30th September 2003

Section C : Agendas of Committee Meetings

  

Justice 1 Committee

1 October 2003

7th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in The Hub, Castlehill, Edinburgh, to consider jointly, with the Justice 2 Committee, the following item:

1. Budget process 2004-05: The Committees will take oral evidence from—

William Rae QPM, Chief Constable of Strathclyde Police, Honorary Secretary, Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland and Carol Forfar, General Secretary, Association of Scottish Police Superintendents;

Douglas J Keil QPM, General Secretary, Joe Grant, Strathclyde Branch Secretary, and James McDonald, Research Officer, Scottish Police Federation;

Sue Matheson, Chief Executive, Keith Simpson, Head of Service Development, and Sue Hounsell, Head of Support Services, SACRO;

Chris Hawkes, Group Manager, Criminal Justice Social Work, Scottish Borders Council, and Mark Hodgkinson, Service Manager, Angus Council, for the Association of Directors of Social Work;

John Service, Vice President, Val Bremner, Secretary, and Helen Nisbet, Member of Council, Procurators Fiscal Society.

Justice 2 Committee

1 October 2003

9th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in the Hub, Castlehill, Edinburgh, to consider jointly, with the Justice 1 Committee, the following item:

1. Budget process 2004-05: The Committees will take oral evidence from—

William Rae QPM, Chief Constable of Strathclyde Police, Honorary Secretary, Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland and Carol Forfar, General Secretary, Association of Scottish Police Superintendents;

Douglas J Keil QPM, General Secretary, Joe Grant, Strathclyde Branch Secretary, and James McDonald, Research Officer, Scottish Police Federation;

Sue Matheson, Chief Executive, Keith Simpson, Head of Service Development, and Sue Hounsell, Head of Support Services, SACRO;

Chris Hawkes, Group Manager, Criminal Justice Social Work, Scottish Borders Council, and Mark Hodgkinson, Service Manager, Angus Council, for the Association of Directors of Social Work;

John Service, Vice President, Val Bremner, Secretary, and Helen Nisbet, Member of Council, Procurators Fiscal Society.

Public Petitions Committee

1 October 2003

5th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in the Chamber, Assembly Hall, The Mound, Edinburgh

1. New Petitions: The Committee will consider the following new petitions—
PE655: Status of Yorkhill Hospital as the Centre of Excellence in Cardiac. Hugh Gill will make a presentation in support of this petition.

PE670: Relocation of Scottish Natural Heritage headquarters to Inverness. Albie O’Neill (Public and Commercial Services trade union) will make a presentation in support of this petition.

PE671: Detention of children at Dungavel detention centre. Rozanne Foyer (Scottish Trades Union Congress) will make a presentation in support of this petition.

PE651: Review and closure of sub post offices. Fergus Ewing MSP will make a presentation in support of this petition.

PE643: Public consultation on proposed hospital closures.

PE649: Fluoridation of the public water supply.

PE650: Health and safety issues relating to terrestrial trunked radio (TETRA) communications masts.

PE654: Development of a more caring society in Scotland.

PE656: Proposal for a council tax dispute resolution process.

2. Current Petitions: The Committee will further consider the following current petitions—
PE558: Improvement to the A96 (Elgin bypass).

PE560: Support for children and young people suffering domestic abuse.

PE604: Establishment of a Scottish independent greyhound racing regulatory body.

PE608: Information provided to women who undergo an abortion procedure.

PE616: Health and safety hazards caused by seagulls.

PE620: Grant awarding practices of Historic Scotland.

3. Convener’s report.

Education Committee

1 October 2003

5th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.15 am in Committee Room 3

1. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following instrument under negative procedures—

the Education (School Meals) (Scotland) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/350)

and the Committee will take evidence from—

Moira Wilson (Scottish Executive).

2. School transport guidelines: The Committee will consider the school transport guidelines issued to local authorities and take evidence from—

Ann Scott (Scottish Executive)

Ann Whatcott (Scottish Executive)

Ewan Swaffield (Scottish Executive).

3. Proposed Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider a paper proposing first witnesses in connection with the proposed Education (Additional Support for Learning) (Scotland) Bill.

4. Appointment of an adviser: The Committee will consider whether it wishes to appoint an adviser to assist in its consideration of the Executive’s annual budget proposals.

5. School Discipline: The Committee will consider an Executive paper on school discipline and will take evidence from—

Mr Peter Peacock (Minister for Education and Young People).

6. Scottish Executive Budget: The Committee will take evidence on the Scottish Executive’s budget 2004-05 from—

Mr Peter Peacock (Minister for Education and Young People).

Communities Committee

1 October 2003

5th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in Committee Room 1

1. Item in private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 4 in private.

2. Budget process 2004-05: The Committee will take evidence on Stage 2 from—

Panel 1

Shirley-Anne Somerville, Policy and Public Affairs Officer, Chartered Institute of Housing in Scotland

Gavin Corbett, Head of Campaigns, Shelter Scotland

Panel 2

Dr Robert Rogerson, Head of Department of Geography and Sociology, University of Strathclyde

Stephen Maxwell, Associate Director, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO).

3. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instrument—

the Housing Grants (Application Forms) (Scotland) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/420).

4. Debt arrangement scheme: The Committee will consider its response to the Scottish Executive’s draft regulations.

Environment and Rural Development Committee

1 October 2003

7th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in Committee Room 2

1. National Waste Plan inquiry: The Committee will take evidence from—

Matthew Farrow, Head of Policy, CBI Scotland

Andy Willox, Scottish Policy Convener, Federation of Small Businesses Scotland

Angus Macpherson, Treasurer, Recycling Advisory Group Scotland

Dr Nicki Souter, Campaign Manager, Waste Aware Scotland

Dr Michael Milner, Senior Business Environmental Adviser, Business Environmental Partnership.

2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instrument—

the Animal By-Products (Scotland) Regulations 2003, (SSI 2003/411).

Standards Committee

1 October 2003

7th Meeting, 2003

The Committee will meet at 6.15 pm in PHQ, Room 5.14.c

1. Complaint against Kenny MacAskill MSP and Tricia Marwick MSP (in private): The Committee will consider a draft report.

 

Top