BUSINESS BULLETIN 22 / 2001
Monday 5 February 2001
Section A Daily Business List
Meetings of Committees
All meetings take place in Committee Chambers, Edinburgh unless otherwise indicated.
3rd Meeting, 2001
The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 8, Glasgow City Chambers, George Square, Glasgow
2. Overview of the National Health Service in Scotland 1999/2000: The Committee will consider how it wishes to handle the evidence taking session.
3. Overview of the National Health Service in Scotland 1999/2000: The Committee will take evidence from:-
Mr Chris Spry, General Manager, Greater Glasgow Health Board
Ms Margaret Boyle, Chief Executive, North Glasgow Hospital NHS Trust
Mr Robert Calderwood, Chief Executive, South Glasgow University Hospital NHS Trust
Mr Tim Davidson, Chief Executive, Greater Glasgow Primary Care NHS Trust
Mr Jonathan Best, Chief Executive, The Yorkhill NHS Trust
on the Auditor General for Scotland’s report.
4. Consideration of Evidence: The Committee will consider the evidence taken.
5. Waste Management in Scottish Hospitals: The Committee will receive a briefing from the Auditor General for Scotland on his report entitled ‘Waste management in Scottish hospitals’.
6. Increasing the Effectiveness of Committees: The Committee will consider the Conveners’ Liaison Group paper "Increasing the effectiveness of committees".
Transport and the Environment Committee
4th Meeting, 2001
The Committee will meet at 2.30 pm in the Council Chambers, Aberdeen Town House, Aberdeen
1. Water Inquiry (in private): The Committee will consider possible lines of questioning for witnesses on its inquiry into water and the water industry.
Not before 2.45 pm
2. Integrated Transport Issues In Aberdeen Area: The Committee will take evidence on integrated transport issues in Aberdeen and the surrounding area from—
Amanda Harvey, Ed Gillespie, and Councillor Audrey Findlay, North East Scotland Economic Development Partnership
Councillor Len Ironside, Councillor John Porter, Councillor Ian Yuill and Councillor Kevin Stewart, Aberdeen City Council
3. Item in Private: The Committee will consider whether to take item 6 in private.
4. Subordinate Legislation: The Committee will consider the following negative instrument—
The Scotland Act 1998 (Agency Arrangements) (Specification) (No.2) Order 2000 (SI 2000/3250)
5. Water Inquiry: The Committee will take evidence as part of its inquiry into water and the water industry from—
Jim Milne and David Reid, Dundee Anti-Poverty Forum
Sandy Snell, Marybank, Scatwell and Strathconan Community Council
Ron Hughes and Seumas Macinnes, Braeside and Mannofield Community Council
Katharine Bryan, Doug Sutherland and Ron McAulay, North of Scotland Water Authority
Professor Alan Alexander, Ernest Chambers, and Charlie Cornish, West of Scotland Water Authority
6. Water Inquiry: The Committee will review evidence taken at the meeting.