Equal Opportunities Committee
22 May 2000
12th Meeting, 2000
The Committee will meet at 1.15 pm in Committee Room 2
1. Items in private: The Convener will propose that items 2 and
5 be taken in private.
2. Consideration of questions: The Committee will consider
questions for the Deputy Minister for Communities.
3. Annual Budget Process: The Committee will take evidence on
the Annual Budget Process from
Jackie Baillie MSP, Deputy Minister for Communities
Yvonne Strachan, Head of Equality Unit
4. Report back from Malcolm Chisholm on amendment 140 to the
Standards in Scotland's Schools Bill: Malcolm Chisholm will report to the Committee on
the progress of the amendment.
5. Review of evidence: The Committee will review the evidence
taken on the Annual Budget Process.
Justice and Home Affairs Committee
22 May 2000
19th Meeting, 2000
The Committee will meet at 1.30 pm in Committee Room 1
1. Census SSIs: The Committee will debate (for up to 30
Motion S1M-834 Angus MacKayThat the Committee recommends that the
draft Census (Scotland) Amendment Order 2000, to the extent that it relates to the
particulars printed in italics in article 2(3), be approved; and
the Census (Scotland) Regulations 2000
2. Insolvency Bill: The Committee will consider a letter and
Memorandum from the Minister for Justice on the Insolvency Bill currently being considered
by the UK Parliament.
3. Draft Bail, Judicial Appointments etc. (Scotland) Bill: The
Committee will take evidence on the general principles of the draft Bill from
Angus MacKay, Deputy Minister for Justice;
Alison Patterson, Director, and David McKenna, Assistant Director,
Operations, Victim Support Scotland;
Helen Murray JP, Chairman, and Phyllis Hands, Secretary, District
4. Subordinate Legislation: The Committee will consider the
following negative instruments
Divorce etc. (Pensions) (Scotland) Regulations 2000 (SSI 2000/112)
European Communities (Lawyers Practice) (Scotland) Regulations
2000 (SSI 2000/121)
5. Budget process 2001-02 (in private): The Committee
will consider a draft report.