BUSINESS BULLETIN 28 / 2000
Wednesday 16 February 2000
Section A Daily Business List
Meetings of Committees
All meetings take place in Committee Chambers, Edinburgh unless otherwise indicated.
Education, Culture and Sport Committee
6th Meeting, 2000
The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in Committee Room 2
Transport and the Environment Committee
3rd Meeting, 2000
The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in the Hub, Castlehill
1. Draft National Parks (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will consider a briefing from SPICe on the draft National Parks (Scotland) Bill. The Committee will consider possible areas of questioning for the Minister for Transport and the Environment on the draft Bill.
not before 10 am
2. Draft National Parks (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take evidence from the Minister for Transport and the Environment on the draft National Parks (Scotland) Bill.
3. Concessionary Travel Inquiry: The Committee will consider terms of reference for, and the approach to, its forthcoming inquiry into concessionary travel.
4. EU 6th Environmental Action Programme: The Committee will consider interaction with the European Committee on the 6th EU Environmental Action Programme.
5. Telecommunications Development Inquiry (in private): The Committee will consider its draft report into Telecommunications Developments.
6. Future Work Programme (in private): The Committee will consider its future work programme.
Justice and Home Affairs Committee
6th Meeting, 2000
1. Item in private: The Committee will decide whether to take item 2 in private.
2. Abolition of Poindings and Warrant Sales: The Committee will consider the general issues raised in evidence at Stage 1 and options for its report.
3. Carbeth Hutters: The Committee will consider evidence taken in relation to petition PE14 by the Carbeth Hutters Association.
4. Freedom of Information: The Committee will take evidence on the Scottish Executives proposals from:
Michael Lugton, Head of Constitutional Policy and Parliamentary Liaison Division.
Keith Connal, Head of Freedom of Information Unit.
Stuart Foubister, Office of the Solicitor, Scottish Executive
David Goldberg, Co-convener of the Campaign for Freedom of Information Scotland and Senior Lecturer, School of Law, University of Glasgow.
Social Inclusion, Housing and Voluntary Sector Committee
6th Meeting, 2000
The Committee will meet at 10.00 am in Committee Room 1
1. Consideration of questions (in private): The committee will consider its questions for Dumfries and Galloway Council on Housing Stock Transfer.
2. Housing Stock Transfer: The committee will hear evidence from
Councillor John Forteath, Leader of Dumfries and Galloway Council
Philip Jones, Chief Executive, Dumfries and Galloway Council
Yvonne MacQuarrie, Director for Housing Services, Dumfries and Galloway Council
Andrew Scott, tenant member, Dumfries and Galloway Housing Consultative Group.
3. Petitions: The committee will consider the following public petitions
PE53 by Frank Harvey calling for the Scottish Parliament to take steps to ensure that young people are not discriminated against by Partick Housing Association and their housing allocations policy
PE74 by Scottish Tenants Organisation calling for the Scottish Paliament to place a moratorium on all housing stock transfers until such time as its concerns in relation to such transfers are addressed.
4. Update on drug inquiry: The committee will hear an update on its inquiry into drug misuse and deprived communities.
5. Correspondence: The committee will consider any outstanding correspondence with regard to invitations and visits.
6. Work programme: The committee will consider its future work programme particularly in relation to Housing Stock Transfer.
Meeting of the Parliament
2.30 pm Time for Reflection Judith ONeill
followed by Motion by Mr Jim Wallace
Motion by Kate Maclean on behalf of the Equal Opportunities Committee
The Presiding Officer has selected the following amendment to motion S1M-459
followed by Parliamentary Bureau Motions
5.00 pm Decision Time
followed by Members' Business
debate on the subject of