12th Meeting, 2007 (Session 3)
Wednesday 5 December 2007
| Alasdair Allan
Duncan McNeil (Convener)
Kenneth Gibson (Deputy Convener)
In attendance: Prof. Ron McQuaid (Adviser) (items 3, 5 and 6)
The meeting opened at 9.17am.
1. Decisions on taking business in private: The Committee agreed to take items 6 and 7 in private.
2. Subordinate legislation: The Committee considered the following negative instrument and agreed to make to no recommendation in relation to the instrument—
the Business Improvement Districts (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2007 (SSI 2007/510).
3. Budget process 2008-09: The Committee took evidence from—
Cllr Pat Watters, President, Rory Mair, Chief Executive and Martin Booth, Head of Finance, COSLA.
4. Elections 2007: The Committee took evidence on the report of the Electoral Commission “Taking forward the Electoral Commission’s independent review of the 2007 Scottish Parliamentary and local government elections” from—
Sir Neil McIntosh CBE, Commissioner, Peter Wardle, Chief Executive and Andy O’Neill, Head of Office, Scotland, Electoral Commission.
5. Budget process 2008-09: The Committee took evidence from—
John Swinney MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Sustainable Growth, David Henderson, Head of Local Government Finance, Ruth Parsons, Director, Public Service Reform and Graham Owenson, Local Government Finance Team Leader, Scottish Government.
6. Budget process 2008-09 (in private): The Committee considered the evidence heard today and at its previous meeting.
7. Glasgow Commonwealth Games Bill (in private): The Committee agreed that further witnesses need not be called to give evidence.
The meeting closed at 1.40pm.
Clerk to the Committee