|Back to the Scottish Parliament||Procedures Committee Minutes of Proceedings|
2nd Meeting, 2007 (Session 2)
Tuesday 6 March 2007
Apologies were received from Mr Bruce McFee.
The meeting opened at 10.23 am.
1. Decision on taking business in private: The Committee agreed to take item 5 in private.
2. Revised Guidance volumes: The Committee considered new editions of the Guidance on Motions and Guidance on Parliamentary Questions prepared by the Chamber Desk and a new edition of the Guidance on Public Bills prepared by the Legislation Team. The guidance was cleared for publication, subject to members having a further opportunity to comment in writing after the meeting.
3. Review of Parliamentary Time: The Committee noted correspondence between the Convener and Presiding Officer regarding the Committee’s 11th Report 2006. It was agreed that the Convener should write to the Presiding Officer, as chair of the Parliamentary Bureau, expressing the Committee’s dissatisfaction with the Bureau’s decision not to schedule a debate on the report, and that the letter should be copied to all members.
4. Annual Report: The Committee agreed a draft annual report for the Parliamentary year from 7 May 2006 to 2 April 2006.
5. Legacy paper (in private): The Committee considered a draft legacy paper report. Subject to various textual changes, the report was agreed to.
The meeting closed at 11.22 am.