|Back to the Scottish Parliament||Procedures Committee Minutes of Proceedings|
16th Meeting, 2004 (Session 2)
Tuesday 7 December 2004
The meeting opened at 9.32 am.
1. Item in private: The Committee agreed to take item 5 in private.
2. Private Bills: The Committee took evidence from—
3. Commissioner for Public Appointments: The Committee took evidence from —
The Committee agreed that statutory consultation documents issued by the Commissioner should be laid before the Parliament and referred to a committee, and that the committee’s report should be debated in the Parliament; that reports of non-compliance with the code of practice should be referred to the same committee and considered in private. It also agreed that the Convener would write to the Standards Committee (copied to relevant Ministers) to seek its views on whether that Committee’s remit should be extended to include these functions.
4. Visit to Dublin: Members who participated in the fact-finding visit to Dublin in connection with the Private Bills inquiry on 29 and 30 November reported back to the Committee.
5. Final review of oral questions (in private) : The Committee agreed to defer decisions on the remaining issues in this inquiry until its next meeting.
The meeting closed at 11.22 am.