Minutes of Proceedings Vol. 4, No. 18 Session 3
Meeting of the Parliament
Thursday 9 September 2010
Note: (DT) signifies a decision taken at Decision Time.
The meeting opened at 9.15 am.
1. Independent Budget Review: The Parliament debated the Independent Budget Review.
2. General Question Time: Questions were answered by Cabinet Secretaries and Ministers.
3. First Minister’s Question Time: Questions were answered by the First Minister (Alex Salmond).
4. Themed Question Time: Questions on Finance and Sustainable Growth were answered by the Cabinet Secretary and Ministers.
5. Independent Budget Review: The Parliament continued its debate on the Independent Budget Review.
6. Decision Time: The Parliament took no decisions on any of the items noted above.
7. Drop-off Charges at Edinburgh Airport: The Parliament debated S3M-6881 in the name of Gavin Brown—That the Parliament regrets the decision taken by Edinburgh Airport to introduce a £1 drop-off charge, due to start in October 2010; notes that no other BAA airport in the United Kingdom currently has a drop-off charge; considers that BAA failed to consult widely with passengers ahead of taking the decision; notes that, since the decision has been made public, thousands of residents, businesses and other organisations across the Lothians and elsewhere in Scotland have voiced their opposition to the charge; considers that for many people, including older residents and those with young children, taking public transport to the airport is not a viable option, and notes that over 71% of businesses who responded to the Midlothian and East Lothian Chamber of Commerce survey believed that the introduction of the drop-off fee would have a negative effect on Scottish business and tourism.
The meeting closed at 5.42 pm.
P E Grice
Clerk of the Parliament
9 September 2010
(Note: this Appendix does not form part of the Minutes)
The draft Scottish Local Government Elections Amendment Order 2010, laid before the Parliament on 22 June 2010, has been withdrawn
The following instruments were laid before the Parliament on 9 September 2010 and are subject to annulment—
The National Health Service (Travelling Expenses and Remission of Charges) (Scotland) Amendment (No. 2) Regulations 2010 (SSI 2010/319)
laid under section 105(2) of the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978
The Police Pensions (Additional Voluntary Contributions) Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2010 (SSI 2010/320)
laid under section 1(6) of the Police Pensions Act 1976
The Public Services Reform (Scotland) Act 2010 (Ancillary Provisions) Order 2010 (SSI 2010/322)
laid under section 133(3) of the Public Services Reform (Scotland) Act 2010
The following document was laid before the Parliament on 9 September 2010 and is subject to approval in accordance with section 1(5) of the Ethical Standards in Public Life etc. (Scotland) Act 2000
Consultation on the Councillors’ Code of Conduct – Revised Code of Conduct for Councillors & the Executive Note for The Ethical Standards in Public Life etc. (Scotland) Act 2000 (SG/2010/180)