Thursday 29 June 2006
Note: (DT) signifies a decision taken at Decision Time.
The meeting opened at 9.15 am.
- Tourist Boards (Scotland) Bill – Stage 1: The Minister for Tourism, Culture and Sport (Patricia Ferguson) moved S2M-4612—That the Parliament agrees to the general principles of the Tourist Boards (Scotland) Bill.
The motion was agreed to ((DT) by division: For 83, Against 0, Abstentions 14).
- Compensation Bill - UK Legislation: The Deputy Minister for Justice (Hugh Henry) moved S2M-4634—That the Parliament agrees that the UK Parliament should consider those provisions of the Compensation Bill, introduced in the House of Lords on 2 November 2005, which will legislate in the devolved area of damages law in respect of joint and several liability, as laid out in LCM(S2) 8.1.
The motion was agreed to (DT).
- General Question Time: Questions were answered by Scottish Ministers and junior Scottish Ministers.
- First Minister’s Question Time: Questions were answered by the First Minister (Mr Jack McConnell).
- Themed Question Time: Questions on Health and Community Care and on Environment and Rural Development were answered by Scottish Ministers and junior Scottish Ministers.
- International Development and Co-operation with Malawi: The Parliament debated the subject of International Development and Co-operation with Malawi.
- Decision Time: The Parliament took decisions on items 1 and 2 as noted above.
The meeting closed at 5.03 pm.
P E Grice
Clerk of the Parliament
29 June 2006
(Note: this Appendix does not form part of the Minutes)
The following instrument was laid in draft before the Parliament on 29 June 2006 for approval by resolutio
The Community Right to Buy (Definition of Excluded Land) (Scotland) Order 2006
laid under section 98(5) of the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003
The following documents were laid before the Parliament on 29 June 2006 and are not subject to any Parliamentary procedure—
Scottish Economic Report June 2006 (SE/2006/105)
Scottish Drug Enforcement Agency Annual Report 2005-06 and Annual Plan 2006-07 (SE/2006/115)
Section 70 Grant Payments – In accordance with: Transport Scotland Act 2001 Section 70(4) Financial Year 2005-06 (SE/2006/116)
laid under section 70(4) of the Transport (Scotland) Act 2001
The following reports were published on 29 June 2006
Education Committee, 8th Report, 2006 (Session 2): Stage 1 Report on the Adoption and Children (Scotland) Bill (SP Paper 612)
Environment and Rural Development Committee, 10th Report, 2006 (Session 2): Report on Subordinate Legislation (SP Paper 616)
Subordinate Legislation Committee, 31st Report, 2006 (Session 2): Report on Subordinate Legislation (SP Paper 617)
Health Committee, 12th Report, 2006 (Session 2): Report on Subordinate Legislation (SP Paper 618)