|Back to the Scottish Parliament||Minutes of Proceedings Vol. 3, No. 43 Session 2|
Meeting of the Parliament
Wednesday 21 December 2005
Note: (DT) signifies a decision taken at Decision Time.
The meeting opened at 2.30 pm.
1. Time for Reflection: Rt. Rev David Chillingworth, Bishop of St Andrews, Dunkeld and Dunblane, led Time for Reflection.
3. Finance Committee, Stage 2 of the 2006-07 Budget Process: Des McNulty, on behalf of the Finance Committee, moved S2M-3746—That the Parliament notes the 5th Report 2005 (Session 2) of the Finance Committee on Stage 2 of the 2006-07 Budget Process (SP Paper 471) and refers the report and its recommendations to the Scottish Executive for consideration.
After debate, the motion was agreed to (DT).
4. Business Motion: Ms Margaret Curran, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, moved S2M-3765—That the Parliament agrees the following programme of business—
Wednesday 11 January 2006
Thursday 12 January 2006
Wednesday 18 January 2006
Thursday 19 January 2006
The motion was agreed to.
5. Rule 2.3.1: Ms Margaret Curran, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, moved S2M-3754—That the Parliament agrees the following dates in terms of Rule 2.3.1: 7 – 22 October 2006 (inclusive) and 23 December 2006 – 7 January 2007 (inclusive).
The motion was agreed to (DT).
6. Office of the Clerk: Ms Margaret Curran, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, moved S2M-3755—That the Parliament agrees that, between 4 September 2006 and 3 January 2007, the Office of the Clerk will be open on all days except: Saturdays and Sundays, 1 December 2006, 22 December 2006 (pm), 25 and 26 December 2006 and 1 and 2 January 2007.
The motion was agreed to (DT).
7. Designation of Lead Committee: Ms Margaret Curran, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, moved—
The motions were agreed to (DT).
8. Decision Time: The Parliament took decisions on items 3, 5, 6 and 7 as noted above.
9. Earthquake in Kashmir: The Parliament debated S2M-3407 in the name of Des McNulty—That the Parliament expresses its deepest sympathy for the victims of the earthquake affecting Kashmir and Pakistan’s North-West Frontier Province which took place on Saturday 8 October 2005; recognises that many families in the west of Scotland and across Scotland as a whole will have lost relatives and friends as a result of the tragedy or are awaiting information about those who are missing; congratulates Islamic Relief and other charitable organisations on their swift response, and welcomes the steps taken by the UK Government to provide urgent assistance to the affected areas.
The meeting closed at 5.47 pm.
P E Grice
New Bills introduced or reprinted on 15 December 2005
Family Law (Scotland) Bill—The Bill was reprinted as passed (SP Bill 36B) (Executive Bill)
New Bills introduced or reprinted on 19 December 2005
Planning etc. (Scotland) Bill—A Bill for an Act of the Scottish Parliament to make further provision relating to town and country planning; to make provision for business improvement districts; and for connected purposes. (SP Bill 51) (Executive Bill)
Introduced by: Malcolm Chisholm
Explanatory Notes (and other accompanying documents) (SP Bill 51-EN) and a Policy Memorandum (SP Bill 51-PM) were printed to accompany the Bill.
Local Electoral Administration and Registration Services (Scotland) Bill—A Bill for an Act of the Scottish Parliament to make provision in relation to the administration and conduct of local government elections; to reorganise local registration services; to amend the law in relation to the registration of births and deaths and the procedure in relation to marriages and civil partnerships; to provide for the recording of certain events occurring outwith Scotland in relation to persons who have a Scottish connection; to make available certain information and records held by the Registrar General; and for connected purposes. (SP Bill 52) (Executive Bill)
Introduced by: Mr Tom McCabe
Explanatory Notes (and other accompanying documents) (SP Bill 52-EN) and a Policy Memorandum (SP Bill 52-PM) were printed to accompany the Bill.
The following instrument was laid in draft before the Parliament on 19 December 2005 for approval by resolution
Note: The Budget (Scotland) Act 2005 Amendment Order 2006, which was laid before the Parliament on 14 December 2005, has been withdrawn
The following instruments were laid before the Parliament on 20 December 2005 and are subject to annulment—
The following instrument was laid before the Parliament on 21 December 2005 and is subject to annulment
The following document was laid before the Parliament on 16 December 2005 and are not subject to any Parliamentary procedure
The following documents were laid before the Parliament on 20 December 2005 and are not subject to any Parliamentary procedure—
The following documents were laid before the Parliament on 21 December 2005 and are not subject to any Parliamentary procedure—
Student Awards Agency for Scotland Annual Report and Accounts 2004-05 (SE/2005/246)—
Scotland’s Commissioner for Children and Young People Annual Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2005 (SE/2005/255)—
Accountant in Bankruptcy, Scotland’s Insolvency Service Annual Report and Accounts 2004-05 (SE/2005/247)
Scottish Legal Aid Board Annual Report 2004-05 (SE/2005/266)
Scottish Executive: The NorthLink ferry services contract – A main report prepared for the Auditor General for Scotland (AGS/2005/10)
The following report was published on 20 December 2005
The following report was published on 21 December 2005