Vol. 3, No. 1 Session 1
Meeting of the Parliament
Wednesday 16 May 2001
Note: (DT) signifies a decision taken at Decision Time.
The meeting opened at 2.30 pm.
1. Time for Reflection: Sister Maire Gallagher, Convener of Action of Churches Together in Scotland, led Time for Reflection.
2. Architecture and the Built Environment: The Deputy Minister for Sport and Culture moved S1M-1929—That the Parliament acknowledges the social, cultural, environmental and economic benefits that good architecture and a well designed built environment can bring to Scotland and further acknowledges the benefits of a national policy on architecture.
After debate, the motion was agreed to (DT).
3. Suspension of Standing Orders: Mr Tom McCabe, on behalf of the Parliamentary Bureau, moved S1M-1936—That the Parliament agrees that Rule 9.5.3B is suspended for the purpose of taking Stage 3 of the Regulation of Care (Scotland) Bill.
The motion was agreed to (DT).
4. Decision Time: The Parliament took decisions on items 2 and 3 as noted above.
5. Rural and Islands GPs: The Parliament debated S1M-1897 in the name of Tavish Scott—That the Parliament notes the particular pressures relating to the delivery of primary health care in rural, remote and island areas of Scotland; supports the work of the Remote and Rural Resource Centre based at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness, encourages consideration of the particular challenges of recruitment and retention of GPs in areas such as Shetland given the high on-call commitment made by GPs in small rural practices, recognises the importance of equity in the remuneration of GPs and encourages the further development of proposals to assist in their recruitment and retention in rural, remote and island areas.
The meeting closed at 5.52 pm.
(Note: this Appendix does not form part of the Minutes)
The following instrument was laid in draft before the Parliament on 15 May 2001 for approval by resolution
laid under the Education (Graduate Endowment and Student Support) (Scotland) Act 2001 and the Education (Scotland) Act 1980
The following instrument was laid before the Parliament on 14 May 2001 and is subject to annulment
The following document was laid before the Parliament on 16 May 2001 and is not subject to any Parliamentary procedure
The following Reports were published on 11 May 2001—
Justice 2 Committee, 5th Report 2001: Report on Subordinate Legislation (SP Paper 328)
Subordinate Legislation Committee, 19th Report 2001: Report on Subordinate Legislation (SP Paper 329)
The following Report was published on 14 May 2001
Local Government Committee, 7th Report 2001: Stage 1 Report on the Scottish Local Authorities (Tendering) Bill (SP Paper 324)
The following Report was published on 16 May 2001