Meetings of Committees
All meetings take place in Committee Chambers, Edinburgh unless otherwise
Education, Culture and Sport Committee
The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in the Chamber
1. Evidence from the Deputy Minister for Culture
and Sport on (a) the National Cultural Strategy and (b) the future of the National Stadium
2. Inquiry into the national arts companies - remit and witnesses; remits
of other inquiries and Reporters
3. Excellence & Equity Conference 9th December 1999
Justice and Home Affairs Committee
The Committee will meet at 9.30 am in Committee Room 1
1. Evidence: The Committee will consider the handling of questions
to witnesses (without Official Report).
2. Subordinate Legislation: The Committee will consider the
Wafer Scottish Seal Directions 1999 (SSI 1999/130).
3. Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Bill: The Committee will take
evidence on the general principles of the Bill from-
John Deighan, Parliamentary Officer, Catholic Church in Scotland, Mary
Kearns, Chairman, Dr George Chalmers and Dr Philip Howard, Scottish Council on Human
4. Abolition of Feudal Tenure etc. (Scotland) Bill: The Committee
will then take evidence on the general principles of the Bill from-
Joyce Lugton and Micheline Brannan, Civil Law Division, Justice
Department, Norman Mcleod and Andrew Brown, Solicitors Office, Scottish Executive;
Lynne Raeside, Head of Policy Unit, Iain Hay and Alan English, Feudal
Reform Working Party, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors;
Elizabeth Leighton, Scottish Environment LINK, Peter Gibb, Robin Callander
and Andy Wightman, Land Reform Scotland;
Professor Robert Rennie, Conveyancing Committee, Law Society of Scotland.
The Committee will meet at 10.30 am in Committee Room 2
1. Written Agreements with the Scottish Executive: Consideration of
the terms of the Committees response to draft written agreements between the
Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Ministers, relating to the annual budgeting process.
2. Committee decisions: Consideration of the nature and status of
3. The draft Scotland Act 1998 (Transitory and Transitional
Provisions)(Appropriations) Amendment Order 1999 - Scotlands Autumn Supplementary
Supply Estimates: Consideration of the motion S1M-239 in the name of Jack McConnell.
4. The draft Scotland Act 1998 (Transitory and Transitional Provisions)
(Appropriations) Amendment Order 1999: Debate on the motion S1M-239 in the name of Mr
Subordinate Legislation Committee
The Committee will meet at 11.15 am in Committee Room 4
1. Executive Responses:
The Plant Health (Scotland) Amendment (No.2) Order 1999, (SSI
The Wafer Scottish Seal Directions 1999, (SSI 1999/130)
2. The Public Finance and Accountability (Scotland) Bill:
Consideration of the implications for subordinate legislation of
amendments lodged to the Bill.
The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 2
1. Public Finance and Accountability (Scotland) Bill: The Committee
will consider the Bill at Stage 2 (Day 2).
The Committee will meet at 2.00 pm in Committee Room 1
of European Documentation:
Documents received since 6 October 1999
Consideration of the report to the Committee Clerk from the Enterprise and
Lifelong Learning Committee on the EC document, "Green Paper on liability for
defective products" (SP 334, EC Ref 10609/99, COM(99) 396 final)
Consideration of the report to the Committee Clerk from the Rural Affairs
Committee on the EC document, "Proposal for a Council Regulation (EC) opening a
Community tariff quota for the import of boneless dried meat of bovine animals" (SP
345, EC Ref 10486/99, COM(99) 387 final)
2. Subordinate Legislation:
The Committee will consider the negative instrument:
The Organic Aid (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 1999 (SSI 1999/107)
3. Forward Work Programme: Update on the development of a forward
work programme from the consultation process.
4. Delegation from the Regional Parliament of Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany: The
Committee will discuss matters of common interest with the visiting delegation.
5. Convener's Report:
The Convener will report on
Meeting with Mr Robert de Groot, Foreign Affairs Advisor to the Dutch
Prime Minister on the 27 October 1999
Meeting with Mr Francisco Camps, Spanish Minister of State for Regional
Government and Mr Eduardo Zaplan, President of the Regional Parliament of Valencia, on the
27 October 1999
Request from CoSLA for a meeting with the European Committee
Letter received from Iain Robertson, Chief Executive, Highlands and
Islands Enterprise, and suggested response
Nomination of European Committee representative to attend reception for a
visiting member of the Dutch Royal Family, on 17 November
Research support, travel by committees and the Civic Forum
6. Requests from the Committee for further briefing.